1. There is so much corruption in the office but the question is who will bell the cat?
[who will dare to expose, interfere]
2. Come on, tell me what you want from me? Don't beat about the bush.
3. I am not sure of our success. Someone will surely let the cat out of the bag and the rest will come to know about our plans.
[revealing the secret]
4. My son kept me in the dark about his plans to go overseas.
5. Mike hasn't yet grown out of his fondness for icecream.
[gone past an age when such things suit]
6. The incident of the girl slapping her teacher was hushed up by the headmistress.
[suppressed, nobody could know and wasn't discussed outside]
7. He was ambitious but got into a rut after the marriage.
[dull and having a fixed routine]
8. Don't poke your nose in these affairs or you will regret later.
9. A seasoned investor will never put all his eggs in one basket.
10. When he became an officer, John gave cold-shoulder to his old friends .
[avoiding warmth, ignoring]